Mobile Developer (Flutter and React Native)
RemoteGzira, Sliema, MaltaTech
The role is restricted to those physically located in Europe, while this is a remote position, we cannot consider candidates that are not based in such region. Preference will be given to candidates based in Portugal or Malta.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Mobile (Flutter and React Native) Developer to help in maintaining and developing our current repertoire of sports mobile applications. The right candidate shall work closely with our Mobile app developer along with CPDs and product owners to deliver high quality applications and hypothesis.
*As a Mobile Developer you are expected to …
· Write clean, well-documented, and maintainable code
· Develop and maintain technical documentation for the applications
· Identify the causes for the most complex issues and implement practical and efficient technical solutions
· Implement both backend and front-end features
· Coordinate with UX/UI designers, developers and test engineers in an Agile environment
· Perform impact assessment of features and defects with Product Owner
· Share and implement ideas, best practices, and processes towards the improvement of the products and the business
· Abide by industry and company software development standards
· Conduct code reviews and give feedback to other developers
· Understand the big picture and offer insightful advice about technologies and projects
· Collaborate with third-party service providers to integrate their services into the applications
· Be proactive in identifying and communicating potential risks and issues to the team and stakeholders
· Participate in sprint planning, estimation, and retrospective meetings
· Keep up-to-date with the latest mobile app development trends and technologies
· Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management
*Success in this role means...
· Collaborating towards a team effort to improve the overall user and bot experience of our applications.
· Developing DRY, clean, maintainable and scalable code that can be comprehended and worked on solely through documentation created.
· Collaborating in building processes towards proving hypothesis for discovery of the need of a mobile application across all products.
· Increasing the performance, scalability and security of our native React mobile applications across platforms
· You have acquired proficient communication skills in the English language through team collaboration.
If you understand what React components, props, state, lifecycle methods, Dart and widget system are than you might be the right fit.
· Tech degree or equivalent experience (minimum 3 years)
· Proficient in writing clean and maintainable code in React Native and Flutter
· Strong understanding of React native and its core components
· Strong understanding of Flutter framework and its widget system
· Experience with mobile development: strong understanding of mobile development concepts such as; state management, performance optimization, device/OS compatibility, redux-thunk, redux-saga, mob-x, provider, bloc, riverpod
· Experience with API integration: experience in designing and implementing efficient and secure data exchange
· Knowledge in testing and debugging tools: experience creating unit tests and manual tests, using debugging tools to identify, report and fix issues
· Extensive understanding of the software development life-cycle
· Passionate about self-improvement and mobile/web technologies
· Strong English communication skills (written & verbal)
· Ability to address change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways
· Ability to learn and transmit knowledge on new software and technologies
· Available to work +/- 2 CET
Nice to have:
· Experience with redux. Knowledge in redux core concepts such as actions and reducers
· Ability to mentor and coach others
· Experience in ReactJS
· Experience in NextJS
Our recruitment process is quite straightforward. Our interviews are very informal, after all this is a great opportunity for both of us to get to know each other better. To ensure effective and efficient recruitment we generally like to stick to the below defined process. Here's how it works:
Raketech commits to being a discrimination-free and inclusive organisation, people from different backgrounds and with different life experiences make our company more colourful.
Follow the link to learn more about who we are: